They want entertainment along with knowledge.
They have faster processing, lower attention span, multi-tasking ability, collaborative nature.
The genration has more trust on bloggers, instagrammers, youtubers than celebrities, often brands get better engagement rate with these small influencers as compared to celebrities. This trend is developing at a fast pace and the new generation is slowly forming small communities that play a major influence in their life. Each of these influencer has its own small community and this is what brands can leverage for business results.
At this time many people who are already aware of this Influencer lead trend be like:
But for those who were not aware, you have knowledge now!
What Generation Z is looking for Online :
- The information that brands want to communicate should be done in a manner that it is entertaining and should teach something to them (Gen Z)
2. This generation is the visual generation so make photos, make stories, make videos, make memes, generate blogs that provide knowledge and entertain at the same time.(Like the one you are reading at present)
3. They don’t just want brands to sustain a visual image on social media, they want to see brands portray their personality so they can engage with them at a personal level, more like a friend than a brand. They want the brand-customer relationship to be more transparent and Raw.
A good example of this kind of communication is Zomato’s Instagram account where they are developing connections with their audience through Memes and Moment Marketing! Zomato’s Social media has never been basic spewing of offers unlike other brands.
Our Aim through Youngun India ( A Meme Advertising Agency) is to create a Meme Centric approach for brand’s social media presence to help them serve the expectations of the coming generation, the Gen Z.
4. The attention span of the generation Z is 8 seconds so you only have 8 seconds to communicate the message you want to. Engagement falls as the time increase.
5. The generation Z can process the information faster than the other generations, that is if they find mysterious things that they are not able to crack easily, it is likely that they will spend time on that information.
- Generation Z wants to be a part of the community and if the community represents a unique and “cool” quotient, they are likely to join it. Brands can leverage this detail about this generation and focus on forming a community rather than just blowing one’s own trumpet.